S100 after 2nd repair

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bruce Hunter
Contributing MemberPosts: 789
Like?
Re: S100 after 2nd repair
In reply to gail, Sep 9, 2012

Well, ....,....' looks like my S100 will be going in for it's 2nd repair. First lens error message in mid March. Repaired and returned in quick order but tonight, about 3750 photos later, I got the lens error again.

For some reason , I wasn't as upset this time. Maybe because I've been a bit wary that it might happen again and it happened at home as I was shooting some

negligable photos from my computer screen. It's just more of a nuissance and a disapointment, this time.

I would hope that Canon would come up with something like a 3 strikes policy , where after something like 3 repairs, they would replace ( not repair ) with a camera which is not in the "bad" serial number batch.

Oh well,..... lesson learned. Wait a few months after initial release of new cameras, until user reviews are in.

Original photo I was shooting from computer screen was taken with Canon SD870 IS ....fine compact ( except low light not comparable to later S series compacts ) Never a problem , but I dropped it in water and learned another lesson
.....ALWAYS USE WRIST STRAP !

Fortunately, I still have my trusty S90....and close to 30,000 photos.

Life goes on......

Correction: Just noticed , original photo on computer screen taken with another

great Canon compact ( for its time ) the SD700IS Still got that one and it's still working , fine........

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow