unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Impossible and yet it is.
In reply to nawknai, Sep 9, 2012

nawknai wrote:

Pedant.

LOL...well argued.

If it were "truly" random, how would any company even be able to demosaic the RAW data and create an image?

Dont know, dont care. Use words properly.

Fuji did say "more random",

You are incorrect. " The unique random arrangement of the color filter array is also highly effective in enhancing noise separation in high-sensitivity photography."

I guess accuracy isnt too important to you.

which I, an adult of average intelligence, know does not make perfect sense. Mind you, I do have a Ph.D. in Physics, so I can be pedantic as well. Still, I was able to interpret what Fuji said to mean "The colour filter pixels are distributed in a manner that leads to less regularity." A pattern is a pattern is a pattern.

Yes and I see a complete pattern in the X Trans sensor. Do you know what a pattern is? It isnt random. Spill a bunch of 3 colored jelly beans onto the floor and see if randomly fall into the X-Trans pattern. Ain't gonna happen. The X-Trans sensor isnt randomly arrayed. Despite Fujifilm calling it that way.

I don't think the job of a marketing team is to discuss disorder/entropy, and I'm sure that other photographers of average intelligence will also be able to understand this.

Nope, their job is to truthfully describe their product. Something clearly beyond them at this point.

One day, you will too.

I already do. You, being a Fujifilm sycophant, dont want to know, dont care to know. Nor can you tolerate anyone even slightly voicing an opinion that violates your precious Fujifilm company.

Words have meaning.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinion/s and/or suggestion/s of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow