X-Trans is NOT Random

Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: X-Trans is NOT Random
In reply to rattymouse, Sep 9, 2012

Got it. Makes sense. In the way the term "random" is defined, it seems only logical that you are correct in its inaccuracy.

rattymouse wrote:

Banned for 21 days wrote:

Ratty,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the point you were trying to make was in reference to the development of better RAW support. It makes sense that a pattern, any sort of pattern, should make for easier coding than something that is truly random.

I'm no expert on RAW conversions or the technology required to get them. My point is specifically and only regarding the use of the word random. I see a pattern on the X Trans sensor and if it were truly random, that would not be true. A microscopic examination of the grain of film would show NO pattern at all.

Not sure why anyone was compelled to attack man. Sad state of affairs.

Fujifilm groups are full of haters. They live just to spew hate. Such twerps are completely and totally incapable of affecting me in the slightest.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinion/s and/or suggestion/s of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow