Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
scared_of_the_dark
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Re: Fantastic work!
In reply to millsart, Sep 9, 2012

My last three shots from this series;

Thanks for everyone who checked in.

To answer a couple of questions I've had about processing, I switched to using RAW a day into the trip as soon as I heard that there was a Lightroom RC with support for the RX100. All the processing for the images is done using Lightroom 4. I typically only spend a minute or two on an image. For black and white, I'll usually just use the built in Lightroom B&W filters (which are basically just channel filters by color e.g. orange, green, etc) and adjust from there. After that I'll often add contrast, pull some details out of the blacks, increase exposure and increase clarity. Obviously depends on the picture though.

For the color images, I used a filter which had a tone curve adjustment which added blues and greens and split toning which added green in the highlights and purple in the shadows. This gives it a slight off-cast color which is similar to some films I like (e.g. Portra). I'm like a v slight film look (but too much e.g. instagram).

That covers the basic processing - hopefully that makes sense.

scared_of_the_dark's gear list:scared_of_the_dark's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow