RX100 lost some images

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
jkuo
Regular MemberPosts: 187
Like?
Re: some questions
In reply to NotThePainter, Sep 8, 2012

NotThePainter wrote:

Odd, I've been shooting for years and this is the first time it happened. Odd enough to make me think it wasn't a card failure, after all, shouldn't the directory structure, or some existing picture data have been compromised instead of just the first n shots?

My suspicion, and it's just wild speculation at this point, is that something happened with the camera itself that prevented it from writing to the card. I actually had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago where I was taking some pictures with the RX100 and noticed at one point that it came up with a "writing to card" message that wouldn't go away. I wasn't doing any continuous burst shooting or anything, so I thought it was rather unusual to have this message appear. Finally, after waiting for maybe a half minute or so, I had to pop the battery out and back in again to get the camera to respond again, and noticed after reviewing the pictures that I had lost at least the last two or three pictures I had taken before the camera locked up with the message. The funny thing is, there was no break in the sequence numbering of the files for pictures I took afterwards. Not sure if there is any significance to that, but I would have thought that if it had been a card problem, the file numbering would have continued on from where the lost pictures had left off. Perhaps there is a bug in the firmware that caused the camera to lock up and not save the pictures taken to the card?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow