Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill vann
Senior MemberPosts: 1,164
Like?
Flakey Motherboard issues questions, help again please
Sep 8, 2012

after much ado and sturm und drang re booting and the poor load performance of Win7 from my new SSD I find out my gigabyte MB is known to suffer the boot problems I've had and I suspect is impacting the SSD performance. seems the MB keeps retrying each step along the way til it works or BSODs , but once running it is good, hence the appalling performance.

If i get a replacement, the same MB, i should be able to "plug and play" as all the drives etc would be the same, maybe a MS pone call re license on replacement MB.

If I do a BU and a system image and changed MB's to maybe ASUS or...? would it keep all the progrms etc I just put on the SSD and could I rebuild just the OS and restore all the programs from the system image. I don't want to do 2 full ground up installs in 2 weeks. I might have to reinstall win7 due to driver issues if I change MB, have a gigabyte, might get something else as this boot issue still seems to be a recognized problem with the Z68 gigabyte MBs.

hoping for the least difficult but good solution and any insight into licensing issues for the installe programs (all my imaging and office software, Adobe, MS, X-rite ...

Thanks for all the previous help, hoping you can come through again.

bill

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow