Like?
Re: Sigma’s ownership of Foveon sensor – greatest loss for the photograph
In reply to flektogon, Sep 8, 2012

flektogon wrote:

PrebenR wrote:

So your take on it is completely wrong!

-- hide signature --

AF takes away the Zen in photography

I really have no knowledge of the Foveon (business) history. I just consider those Sigma cameras like havihg the right sensor in wrong bodies.

If you don't know, then ask a polite question. Don't blurt out FUD on the forum. I for one rather have Sigma focus R&D on improving the sensor, than to put a lot of bling features like HD-video etc...

The point is that Sigma is the only company that develops this kind of sensor. They don't sell tons and thus most likely have a limited R&D budget compared to the majors.

Nikon, Sony, Canon etc... all have patent on full colour sensors. So really you should tell them to start developing these sensors. But most likely it will be years in the future, because consumers are more concerned about how high in ISO they can go or how many fps for photo or video a camera has. IQ doesn't matter.

For me IQ does matter so that is why I like Foveon. And the DP2 Merrill has very good handling IMHO. Of course high ISO and AF can be improved, but that is sensor technology and that is why I'd like Sigma to focus on that.

Next time, ask...

-- hide signature --

AF takes away the Zen in photography

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow