Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edw00d
Regular MemberPosts: 170
Like?
Buying into the Fuji XF Lens System, rather than just the Bodies
Sep 8, 2012

Call me old school, but THE #1 reason I bought an X-Pro 1 was because of the Lenses. And Fuji's Lens Road map with a clear vision focused primarily on compact, fast, high quality primes is THE #1 reason I'll be sticking with Fuji X-System for the forseeable future.

The first time I picked up the raw, malfunctioning X-Pro 1 prototypes at the last Consumer Electronics Show was not confidence inspiring for me, but they were prototypes afterall. The one thing that struck me was the no compromise Prime lenses. They were relatively small, and were fast. No "Kit" zooms. If I wanted large, mediocre kit zoom lens I would've stuck with the Sony NEX system. The 16mm Pancake was my favorite only because it was the smallest, and the $1000 24mm Zeiss was laughably large and flawed optically. Sony was too busy pumping out new camera body after camera body, but they completely ignored the Lens side of the equation.

The X-Pro 1 was far from perfect, AF speed issues aside, and that obnoxious pause lagging when using the LCD or EVF, the images in the end were fantastic, and the Lenses had a large part to play in that end result.

Camera Bodies come and go, but for me, I judged Fuji by it's lens line up and lens road map, and I saw a clear winner.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow