Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nikonjohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,275
Like?
Nikon Service can't deal with D800 autofocus problem
Sep 8, 2012

At the beginning of August, Nikon at Melville, NY, sent me a packing slip to send in my D800 and 17-35 lens based on left sensor aufofocus problems they observed in some NEFs I made available to them.

I got the camera back on the 24th and it still had some apparent problems with my 17-35 lens so I sent them a few shots and called. The new line is that they are aware of the D800 focusing problem and would send the images I sent in to Japan for "research". I called back and talked to a another technician. When I said that I was going to send my camera and lens back in I was advised not to because they didn't have a firm fix yet.

This is really disappointing but at least maybe Nikon is starting to officially acknowledge that they have a problem with the D800. I intend to follow up in a week or two to see where the issue stands.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow