Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DerStig
Regular MemberPosts: 183
Like?
Dust or dead pixel or sensor damage?
Sep 8, 2012

These two images were taken from my 5d mark 3 with 70-200 2.8 II @ F/32. These dots have been there since the minute I opened up the 5d mark 3. They are more apparent at F/32 with the 70-200 than they are with the 24-105 kit lens or 35L at F/22 (that's the maximum these two lenses go). So these dots are on the sensor, not on the lenses. The question is, there is this one that looks really weird. It's on the second image, which is a crop of the original image, there is a circle with a dot in the center, would this be a dead pixel? Or damage on sensor? Or simply dust? I have tried doing sensor cleaning via the Menu, it made no difference.

Would this be grounds for returning the camera? I just fear what I will get in return will be much worse.

Also, this is just a general question, when there is sensor problems (dead pixel/damage), do they appear on every aperture, or only the small ones?

Thanks

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow