Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
Re: Olympus does Yunnan, China.
In reply to Julian_K, Sep 8, 2012

Julian_K wrote:

929406 wrote:

Hi Julian

Outstanding set, a good combination of landscape, close ups and street. The black and white of the prayer wheel possesses excellent detail and lighting. I am doing a funny take series titled "only in china" with your permission would like to use your man with his pig image.

Do share more about what you packed (photography) wise for your trip, as I have the OMD and Xpro1 combo and do plan to visit Dali and Yunnan in the future.

Also interested in more details of your PP in LR4, are you taking multiple exposures via bracketing and then layering?

kam

Thanks for the comments Kam, and sure you can use that photo if you wish. I wish I had taken more photos of the random stuff you see every day.

I primarily used the Olympus 12-60mm (for 4/3 used with adapter) and the 40-150mm. I also carried the 45mm 1.8 and 7-14mm but these got very little use to be honest. The 12-60mm was by far the bulkiest and heaviest lens, however there really is no comparison in m43 at the moment apart from the Panasonic 12-35mm, but then this is ridiculously expensive.

I'm more of a zoom shooter than a prime shooter so that influenced my lens choice, but I wouldn't mind trying a holiday with just lightweight primes. I did consider the X-Pro1 but it was a little out of my price range and I would have been forced to use primes only.

What are your thoughts on what kit you'll be taking?

I am still getting my gear organized, having mainly shot zooms with the FF gear, I am going to try pridominently with primes when I do eventually go. I have the 17mm 2.5, 20mm 1.7, 45mm 1.8 and the 45-200 telezoom. Only the 35mm 1.4 with the Xpro at this stage although I am considering at least one of either the 18mm or the 60mm macro.

Anything to share on the PP process?

If your interested check out some of my sets, there is a combination of images from OMD, Xpro and 5D2. There are lots of China shots as this is where I currently reside.

http://500px.com/kam/sets

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow