Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rumle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,378Gear list
Like?
Re: No AF
In reply to RodluvanII, Sep 8, 2012

RodluvanII wrote:

Rumle wrote:

Well it seams that it is not a replacement of the current ZF.2. Rather an Auto Focus alternative. And if history is any indication it will take years before the line up is complete. And the 21mm is not likely to be first priority.

they are not to be AF, did anyone read the press release?

A must-see attraction is a high-performance, full-format SLR camera lens with manual focus . With a focal length of 55 mm and aperture of f/1.4, this lens is the first model of a new product family designed for demanding users.

Press release was not out at the time... so was purely guessing, based on the looks of it, and still am guessing that the pictured version is not gonna be the final ZF since it looks much autofocus'ish (I know it says ZF tho')... Good change I'm wrong tho.

Its too bad, really. I use a variety of AF and MF lenses. In my opinion the world could use a lens like that pictured in AF version. The marked already offers a few good MF 50mm'ers and there is a huge selection of modern auto-focus 50mm. But non of them has the great build of the Zeiss.

Of course the press release make a statement on the improved and high end Image Quality. It really has to be real real real good to different it self from the current ZF.2 line up........ anyways, we will see

Rumle's gear list:Rumle's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow