Leica m9 rental vacation pictures

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Leica m9 rental vacation pictures
Sep 7, 2012

Thank you to the people here on dpreview who helped me make the decision to rent an m9. You asked that I post photos. Please see the link below and c+c here on dpreview, not on the website which is for family.

Pictures under the MorroBay Avila Leica album were all taken with the m9+Voigtlander 35/1.2 wide open. Pictures in the second album were taken at the same time with my Sony Nex5n+SLR Magic hyperprime CINE 50mmT0.95 wide open.

I did very little post processing. All Leica photos were raw sent to lightroom 4, transfered to PhotoShop7, saved as jpegs. All Sonynex5n images were jpegs uploaded directly to PhotoShop7. All B/W conversions were unsaturated on Photoshop7.

My website adds an unpleasant canvas texture over the photos when viewing them as a slideshow probably to hide the excessive compression.

Similar pictures that were cuter/more captivating/entertaining won out against more technically perfect but boring images.

My variable ND and CPL filters self-rotated through the day which is why you will notice many pictures were taken at over 1000 ISO until I realized this and taped them to prevent shifting. Vignetting was due to these filters.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow