What would you look for int he E-PM2 and E-PL5?

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,283Gear list
Like?
What would you look for int he E-PM2 and E-PL5?
Sep 7, 2012

We'll know well enough on the 18th when Photokina 2012 opens its doors, but still fun to speculate in the interim.

The big news of course will be if the E-M5 sensor does in fact come to both, and if the E-PL4 will be priced for $599, $100 less than its predecessor's MSRP. Should the E-PM2 simply hold its predecessor's $500 intro MSRP, it will become a true bargain given the improvement in DR.

What else might they bring to the party?

I would hope the E-PM remains the same size as the E-PM1, but adds a small grip, improved IBIS (hey, anything would be an improvement, talk about low hanging fruit ), and a full-sized touch 3" LCD. Owning an E-PM1, I also hope they move the video button to the top of the body where I wouldn't hit it so often.

For the E-PL4, I'd like to see it actually grow a bit in size (between E-P3 and E-PL3 sizes) with removable grips for handling various sized lenses, improved IBIS, a full-sized touch/tilt screen 3" OLED, built-in flash, more buttons and another dial, and ideally some type of built-in EVF.

A wishlist to be sure, but either would make a great second body to an E-M5.

Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow