Baffled by a fellow photography club member...

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HEA-45
Regular MemberPosts: 254Gear list
Like?
Baffled by a fellow photography club member...
Sep 7, 2012

One of the members of my photography club baffles me. He consistently enters his photographs for our informal club “contests”, but the shots are consistently poor. They are out-of-focus, underexposed, uncropped, and crooked. The titles are misspelled. The composition (I know, I know its very subjective) doesn’t even come close to any basic guidelines. To make matters worse, he acts like he was “forced” to enter. His response to one shot was “Who cares; it’s only a photograph.” It’s as if he considers this hobby a burden, and so he lacks pride in his work. I have never come across this attitude (if anything, I’ve come across the opposite: people who think their mediocre shots should be published.) What is the source of this? Laziness and insecurity? Any comments?

HEA-45's gear list:HEA-45's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow