Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 32,669
Like?
Clinton's speech
Sep 7, 2012

As I have often posted I am not a political animal, but have strong views about those that post extreme messages about politicians. last night I went to bed and was channel hopping and on the Parliament Channel (one that I hardly knew I had) came across Bill Clinton giving a speech at one of Obama's political meetings. I watched the last half hour or so, I'm not sure how long he had been going. But i must say i was very impressed. He completely de-constructed the Republican party from when he had been president to this day on every issue. Fact after fact after fact he stated how almost everything they stood for was wrong, a sham or just unbelievably stupid. But most of all he said what I have often said on these forums, why is it that those that do believe in the Republicans views are so bitter against their opponents. Again and again he pointed out how Obama, for his faults and sure he has some, had still talked to and given Republicans positions of importance. Something I think would never happen the other way around. How anyone could listen to that speech and not be impressed I don't know.

But I'm sure one or two republican die-hards will now have a good try. Let's hope they can do it intelligently and without malice.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow