Photkina 11 Days and not even a hint

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
joeybob
Contributing MemberPosts: 520Gear list
Like?
Agree
In reply to TITCHY, Sep 7, 2012

TITCHY wrote:

agreed, my D300 is 5 yrs old ,and if it were possible for nikon to simply insert a modern more (ISO/DR) capable sensor ,it would kick ass once again ,the D300 has never been bettered (as a DX) camera ,and the only thing lacking is a better sensor .

the controls are true pro layout with a whole host of other functions ,that leave lesser APS-C cameras behind . biuld and balance are also perfect .

and at twice the frame rate of the D800 ,combined with the reach (1.5 crop) makes it a perfect sport / wildlife camera . if only the sensor was better ,are you listening nikon ,there is no need for major changes , the D300 series is a gem ,just give us 18-24mp ,with the assosiated tweeks and I for one be happy if everything else stays the same .

I'd give Nikon $1000 if I could send in my current D300, have them install a new shutter and (as imagined above) an improved 18-24 MP sensor with gains in IQ, DR and high ISO. Leave all else the same and I'd be happy for several years to come.al D300s and I'd buy that upgrade for all 3 of them.

...If only this were possible.

joeybob's gear list:joeybob's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +28 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow