Fool me twice? A question for all active X100 users.

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
camerashopminion
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
Fool me twice? A question for all active X100 users.
Sep 7, 2012

Hey hey!

Haven't been on the Fuji SLR/X100 forum for a good few months since returning my X100. Long story short I had a string of rotten problems (sporadic power failure, erratic movement in the aperture blades, unresponsive focus ring, you name it!) across not one but TWO X100's, leading me to return them. Problem is, I've had that glimpse of heaven and living back on earth is too darned hard afterwards! Unreliable as it was, I absolutely ADORED that camera, took more shots in the month I had it than I would take in a year on my D7000. I've spent a good bit of time at work discussing new releases with the other guys and built a pretty specific idea of my dream camera, and the X100 ticked EVERY. SINGLE. BOX.

So my question is this; how is the X100 doing? Any problems in the current firmware? Is the sticky aperture problem well and truly a thing of the past? Anything else come to the surface I should be wary of? We don't sell much Fuji stuff so I'm out of the loop. I really REALLY want to give it another try, but I don't want to get burnt a second time.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow