43mm vs 77mm for travel

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
math guy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,285Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't be a tourist ;-)
In reply to Zvonimir Tosic, Sep 7, 2012

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

DSLR is not an "I'm enjoying my travel" camera. It's serious, looks serious and brings suspicion.

Surely you're joking. DSLRs are quite common; so unless you're doing something suspicious with them, they shouldn't arouse any suspicion.

And you can actually enjoy your travel.

I would have a hard time enjoying my travel if I didn't have my DSLR with me. For many folks, the photography that goes along with traveling is half (or more) of the fun. Those are the two hobbies I enjoy the most, so it only makes sense that they should go together.

Don't be a tourist

Again, I can't tell if you're joking. Is there something wrong with being a tourist? To me, it's a win-win: it provides pleasure for the one touring, and it provides revenue for the local people.

If you were indeed joking, then disregard my response. But I see that comment ("leave the DSLR at home so you can enjoy yourself") fairly regularly on the forum, and it just seems like a silly statement to me. If your camera is keeping you from enjoying your situation, then maybe you should find a different hobby. For me, photography enhances my enjoyment of what I'm experiencing.

-- hide signature --

-- Joe S.

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/josephschmitt

math guy's gear list:math guy's gear list
Pentax K-x Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow