Sigma’s ownership of Foveon sensor – greatest loss for the photographic world

Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,418Gear list
Like?
It's the parade of ignorance! Read your own link.
In reply to stevielee, Sep 7, 2012

stevielee wrote:

Check out Steve Huff's fairly accurate assessment of this new DP2M. He loved the IQ, but is giving the camera back to Sigma for many of the same operation no-go's that the DP series (and all other Sigma branded cameras for that matter) have always suffered from...VERY SUBSTANDARD TECHNOLOGICAL PERFORMANCE.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/tag/dp2/

Wow, you just cannot help yourself! Dig Dig Dig Dig Dig!

Had you bothered to read the review AND the comments, as I did long before you posted the link, you'd know that (A) the only reason he was sending it back was an odd squeaking noise his system made which was not normal, and (B) that he decided to get another one after all for long term use!

The IQ was too irresistible for him. He didn't even mind the AF speed that much, just the squeak. And he thought the camera was well built, unlike you:

"The build of the DP2 Merrill is very good. In my hand it feel solid, simple and well, brick like. It is shaped like a brick with a few buttons and a dial attached. It doesn’t have a blingy look, fancy features or anything special about its design. Compared to a Leica X2 it appears very plain, which many will love. My best friend thinks the design is perfect."

Sorry Charlie! Next time try reading links before you post them.

It's hilarious how ticked off you are that Sigma finally built a camera that reviewers universally praise.

If only you had even touched one first you could have saved significant personal embarrassment.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow