HappyVan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,060Gear list
Like?
You're getting confused further
In reply to TrojMacReady, Sep 7, 2012

TrojMacReady wrote:

HappyVan wrote:

TrojMacReady wrote:

No you don't, that's what I was referring to and the RAW files from Imaging Resource.

And DXOmark just confirmed my findings.

Yes, indeed. DxO difference in High ISO between V1 and RX100 is just 10% or 0.1 stops. That's really insignificant. As you would expect from sensors the same size and generation.

You eyes must have been playing tricks then since you started with:

Seems to me that the RX100 sensor is no miracle. At ISO 800 and 1600, the RAW files from J1 are clearly cleaner. Of course, RX100 is 20mp. No surprise there, but no quantum leap either.

Actually, you're getting confused again. When I say 'High ISO' I am referring to high ISO capability as published by DxO and linked by NorthwestF.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1058&message=42425888

The RX100 rating for Sports (Low Light ISO) is 390 ISO. Just 5-15% better than V1/J1.

That is different from the visual inspection I was referring to at ISO 800 and 1600. Hope you can understand the difference between a mathematical analysis and a visual judgement.

That is if you brought a book to read when the buffer needs to be emptied.

Still don't see why you are so concerned about buffer to memory card speed. I don't watch the write light go on and off. Do you? It's not entertaining and it's definitely not photography.

The only thing that matters is that I can keep shooting uninterrupted.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow