Four-thirds recommendation + lens / Shooting primary still sports cars.

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ralphsmithiii
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Four-thirds recommendation + lens / Shooting primary still sports cars.
Sep 7, 2012

Hi everyone, I have been wanting to get into digital photo and know that I have a personal subject I am excited to shoot, I want to pickup a camera that will suit my needs.

I've been reading about the Four-thirds camera's versus the DSLR's. What I am looking to primarily shoot is parked cars, specifically sports cars in random locations. My understanding is that I should look for a wide angle lens (14mm for four-thirds?). I am a complete beginner and there's so much info to read up on. Because I've purchased a $600+ Nikon SLR kit a few years ago and sold it because I didn't use it, I am looking for something more budget friendly (if possible). In the event I decide that it's something I don't want to dive further into I won't take as big of a hit.

Anyhow, any suggestions would be awesome. I am still reading through the forums, online and everywhere I can about different camera, lenses and general photography.

What I was looking at was the Olympus PEN E-PL1 with their 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 lenses or possibly just the body and a different lens (something wide angle).

Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow