OM-D review after extensive use while traveling

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
pvdk
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D review after extensive use while traveling
In reply to DLBlack, Sep 6, 2012

Now that's what I'm talking about. Take your dslr kit (I used to do) and you can do fantastic things but the camera and stuff is going to decide on some stuff. With m43 the camera just was there all the time but small and light and even with good glass but I could remain doing where I came for: travel. I did rock climbing, speedboats, rainforest, bear watching, whale watching, etc.. So very active things. I never would have done all of that when I got a dslr kit with decent glass. It would become a burden. Not with m43 and that was the main reason to switch and I still am happy with my results.

DLBlack wrote:

At the end of the month I am going to Vancouver for a week. My wife has a three day conference there and I am just tagging along. I don't know if we will make it to the Island. I am undecided on taking the E-M5 and related gear or my useral dslr kit. Your review makes me thinking again about taking the mft gear on my upcoming trip.

pvdk's gear list:pvdk's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow