DxO results are in for RX100

Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
andye53
Senior MemberPosts: 1,213Gear list
Like?
Re: DxO results are in for RX100
In reply to Fotoloco, Sep 6, 2012

I'm not knocking your D70, I had one myself, but it's 8 years old now. Even though the RX100's sensor is still much smaller than the D70, it has far surpassed 8YO technology now. Nothing scientific, but I feel the RX100 is about one-stop noisier at ISO1600 and up than the NEX-5N, and the NEX-5N is about equal to a Nikon D7000 as far as noise. This is saying a lot for a pocketable camera with a f1.8-4.9 28-100mm zoom lens.

If you're considering switching from your D70, the only thing you're giving up is the bulk of a DSLR and the ability to change lens.

Fotoloco wrote:

Cannot disagree with you on that point, but in my experience, the D70 was horrible at iso 1600 or higher, and the RX100 is better - and by that I mean the way you said it - a combo of noise, detail, color depth, dynamic range...

Of course D70 was my first digital so maybe I was just not so good at the process from capture thru post when I had it. I have gotten much much better, so maybe it is not an apples to apples.

-- hide signature --

SONY TX1O | HX9Vee | NEX-FiveN

andye53's gear list:andye53's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 RX100 III NEX5R Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow