ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Iceman1973
Regular MemberPosts: 174
Like?
New X10 Owner - 1st Batch of pics!
Sep 6, 2012

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time now, and have seen some really great pictures. Being a previous owner of an x100, and haveing used an xpro 1 for some time earlier in the year, I'm kind of addicted to the fuji colour and their sensor reprodruction.

We recentky planned a trip to Legoland, Windsor. A 2 day trip with my 4 year old, and this has been his first far away getaway of the summer. He is due to start his first day of school tomorrow (moving from playschool to reception), so it was a treat for him, and my wife, and they did not know where I was taking them.

I walked into Jessops and thinking that I will walk out with either a Nikon J1, or and Oly E-pm1. Both would have been fine for what i needed, then they had an x10, only one, with a serial no. 22NO... and it was alomost closing time. I told them to scan it, and walked out with it. (£339)

Charged the battery overnight, bought the kindle version of the x10 guide by Alex white, had a good read while on my way to Windsor (about 1.5 hrs).

The batch below are a few from our trip.

What I like:

colour, super macro, handling, in camera raw conversion, very sharp lens, can get shallow depth of field if planned well, excellent exr mode, excellent advance mode, and the camera allows you control over parameters when rquired.

What I cannot figure out - why is 6mp or M size better and sharper than 12 / full res.

I find my zoom ring a bit stiff, but that is good in my opinion. (I have used a zzoom after a whole year, got so used to primes I never thought zooms existed)

I still have a little learning to do with this camera, but I'm keeping this one, as it solves the whole issue of carrying this and that lens... plus it gives good results.

I must confess, my demands were a bit more, but thats from someone coming from who is used to quality from M43 & apsc size sensors. All in all I'm very happy.

Let me know what you think of the forst batch. (PP in Exposure / Colorefex / Camerabag 2.)

Regards
IM

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon 1 J1 Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow