Is difference between 460K and 921K LCD screen noticeable?

Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
borocay
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
Is difference between 460K and 921K LCD screen noticeable?
Sep 6, 2012

I am looking to buy a new camera, HX200V or FZ200, and my wife is hung up on the LCD screen resolution. She is convinced that the HX200V with its 921K resolution is going to fit our needs better than the 460K resolution on the FZ200. Now I can't fault her for wanting a better screen for reviewing pictures and Panasonic probably should have upgraded their screen on the FZ200 since it is a new camera, but will it be that noticeable to the naked eye. Of course I want the FZ200 since it has the new constant f/2.8 lens, but that doesn't mean anything to her because she is a woman and looks always trumps performance. For our needs the HX200V will probably be okay since I will probably never use zoom that much on the FZ200, but I want the best and to me that is it. I also don't want to have to listen to her harp on me every time we look at a photo on the LCD screen. For those that are familiar with the two resolutions, could you please chime in and tell me about the differences. Thanks.

borocay's gear list:borocay's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow