Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom__Brown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,268
Like?
Mixed feelings on full frame
Sep 6, 2012

It's pretty obvious that a lot of Pentax enthusiasts would like to see a full frame camera. I wonder how many of us would actually buy one, were one to exist. I haven't been calling for one but perhaps I might.

It seems to me, Pentax has really hit a great formula with small lenses and small bodies. It's a treat to shoot Pentax and stand beside a D3 shooter who's arms are getting a good workout from the heft of the system and who's throat is getting a good workout reciting excerpts from the Nikon hype machine.

When I walk around Vancouver or Victoria, I keep the camera inside my wind breaker when I'm not shooting. I've always got a DA 21 on the K5. You can tell it's under my jacket but it's not unwieldy.

The thought of FF is definitely stimulating. I relish the idea of improved IQ and resolution for landscape shooting. I certainly don't need it, though. We display a few panoramas in our house. They've been blown up to pretty amazing proportions and four of the five were taken with a K100D/DA14. The fifth was taken with a K5/Samyang 14mm. The quality of all are well sufficient. It really comes down to bragging rights now, as far as I'm concerned.

I hate to see companies jump on trends. I'm also skeptical that many of us will buy into the body, even though lots of us say we will. A better approach is for company to stick to their strategy, as long as the strategy is working. The current strategy is working great for me.

-- hide signature --

-- Tom

Nikon D3 Pentax K100D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JeffNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow