Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fotoloco
Regular MemberPosts: 485
Like?
RX100 vs. old D70
Sep 6, 2012

Could be that D70 was my first digital and I was not so competent from capture thru post, but it seems to me that the quality of images coming out of the RX100 exceed those of the D70 at any iso from base to 6400.

Do others agree? Am I missing something?

The reason I ask is the D70 is kind of a bench mark for me regarding image quality since I have a bunch of photos printed, matted, and hung in various locations that were taken with the D70. I liked em then...still like em...and others still love em. If I can get equal or better results from a pocket camera, I am all in and all over it.

I am not worried about dof, tracking ability, or use of external flash. Have a FF DSLR for that when needed.

I copied a link from another thread in this forum that has some nice arena iso6400 shots taken with the RX100. I do not remember ever being able to get shots like that with the D70 (like I said, maybe it was me at the time).

Here is the link http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1009&message=42424121 - Opinions???

Nikon D70 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow