DxO results are in for RX100

Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
andye53
Senior MemberPosts: 1,213Gear list
Like?
Re: DxO results are in for RX100
In reply to Catalin Stavaru, Sep 6, 2012

I too sold my 5N after I got the RX100. I absolutely love this little camera!

In regards to high ISO being behind the 5N, of course since the 5N is equal to many DSLRs as far as ISO performance goes. BUT, since I've only used the kit lens with my 5N, the RX100's lens is one-stop faster than the 5N, so it takes one stop of ISO advantage out of the 5N.

I took these recently. I don't believe the 5N would have done better.

Catalin Stavaru wrote:

Nice !

I just bought an RX100 to replace my sold NEX-5n. Not regretting it at all, in fact I think the RX100 was what I wanted from the start...

In color depth and dynamic range, the RX100 is very, very close to the 5n according to DXO, nice to see this !

But it does fall quite short at high ISO, I think that a 12 megapixel sensor would have brought it very close to the 5n in this area.

Also, I think that there is something wrong with the metering in the RX100, since the dynamic range is very close to the 5n yet it blows the skies and some highlights very easily compared to the 5n. I wish Sony would fix this with a software update.

-- hide signature --

SONY TX1O | HX9Vee | NEX-FiveN

andye53's gear list:andye53's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 RX100 III NEX5R Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow