RX100 JPEG Image Quality >>>> Most DSLR's??

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
andye53
Senior MemberPosts: 1,213Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 JPEG Image Quality >>>> Most DSLR's??
In reply to kcamacho11, Sep 6, 2012

It definitely fares very well against DSLR from a year or two ago, which is definitely good enough for me given that the RX100 can comfortably fit in my pocket. I've own many DSLRs in the past, until couple years ago I switched to mirrorless (NEX). Since I bought my RX100 I sold my NEX. It is now my do-it-all camera.

I took these photos at Medieval Times. Mostly taken at shutter priority at high ISO. Given how dark it is in there I think they came out great. No other pocketable P&S will get me this kind of quality, and they are more or less equal to the APS-C sized NEX5N/kit lens I just sold.

All jpegs straight from the camera.

kcamacho11 wrote:

I am looking to purchase the RX100 has my 2nd camera or "pocket camera" to take with me on trips.

I noticed that in DPreview's review of the RX100, when you go to the CONCLUSION category and look at the ratings meter, it has the RX100 jpeg's image quality superior to most APS-C DSLR's, and even it's High ISO performance rates better than some DSLR's.

How is this possible given that this camera has a much smaller sensor?

-- hide signature --

SONY TX1O | HX9Vee | NEX-FiveN

andye53's gear list:andye53's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 RX100 III NEX5R Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow