Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Turbo Hampster
Contributing MemberPosts: 516Gear list
Like?
Big 5 and alot more in Sabi Sands
Sep 6, 2012

Hi was lucky enough to finally get to go on safari down in Sabi Sands in South Africa, more precisely the Nkorho Bush Lodge. Which I would have absolutely no reservations in recommending to anyone considering a similar trip..

In terms of equipment if anyone is interested most of these were shot with a Canon 1DX, 500mm F4L is , 1.4x iii extender, 70-200mm F2.8L is ii and a 7D as second body/Backup..

And Apologies in advance for the amount of pics but it really is hard to cut down the amount, as I'm sure anyone who has been on safari will know!

Not technically a nature photo but here is the room that greeted us on our arrival to the Nkorho Bush Lodge

After Lunch we went on our first evening game drive... On which no joke just sitting outside driveway we bumped into this Leopard..

Then later that night we also bumped into these two Lion's..

Most of these were shot almost in complete darkness using only the Land Rovers spotlight

Day 2

Hitching a Ride

Not big game but after we got back from the morning drive I saw these birds having their morning bath and was really happy with the results!

Yet another Hitch Hiker!

One of the Ugly 5!

Day 3, Just one picture from this day BUT I think this is my favourite picture of the entire trip. On the way back to the camp that night we spotted the same Lions we saw on the first evening. They were having a heavy session of bonding and I managed to snap this.. Again the spotlight was the only lightsource

Day 4 While tracking a leopard we managed to get very close to this Lilac breasted roller. Later in the day we were even luckier and actually saw the roller perform his trademark move. It was fairly far away but I managed to get a reasonable sequence..

Finally later that evening we finally managed to bag a Rhino to complete the "big 5"

And finally a quick pic of me

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed them

Turbo Hampster's gear list:Turbo Hampster's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow