Pentax DA 10-17, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM, or Something Else?

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
DaveInPA
Regular MemberPosts: 337Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax DA 10-17, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM, or Something Else?
In reply to GPGeneralPhoto, Sep 6, 2012

Like GPGeneralPhoto...I also bought both but told myself I would only keep both for 6 months and then I would choose. After six months I kept the Sigma and sold the Pentax fisheye since the rectilinear aspect was more important than the fisheye and I didn't want to keep "de-fishing" photos.

Overall, I made the right choice...but I confess that sometimes I really miss the Pentax 10-17 because it is such a fun lens.

But be warned...bring that lens out at a family gathering and the women flee the area while the children will flock to you to pose for pictures.

GPGeneralPhoto wrote:

You may not like my response. I was in the same position as you and could not decide. I bought both. My Sigma does not seem to have the decentered lens element issue, like some did. I like it. My Pentax 10-17 does not get used as much, but I still will not sell it. I know I wasn't much help, but that is how I feel about those lenses.
--
I'm thankful to still be able to...

DaveInPA's gear list:DaveInPA's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Pentax Optio W90 Pentax MX-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JeffNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow