Nothing from Ricoh

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
iaredatsun Contributing Member • Posts: 732
Re: Let's speculate on the Q mount

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Thanks for your comments, I found them interesting, and more than likely you are right. The Q will probably remain just the Q as it is designed to be. A camera-design statement by Pentax that it can be just as quirky as Ricoh.

Tom,

I think Ricoh cameras are unique but quirky ? I don't think so. If you call them quirky it just makes them sound a like a shallow attempt at producing something designed to be wilfully weird for the sake of it – in order to capture a market sector. I think Ricoh's are designed to be functional first and foremost. If they happen to be feel a little unconventional then that is only a by-product of a rigorous design approach. I certainly hope they never do 'quirky' as a design sales feature.

The Pentax Q, on the other-hand definitely has some design quirks in it's styling that are seemingly aimed at producing a cute and desirable thing. imo, it just about failed on that count even though I kind of liked its overall idea as a camera.

iaredatsun's gear list:iaredatsun's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GR Digital +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow