Nothing from Ricoh

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
iaredatsun
Contributing MemberPosts: 732Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's speculate on the Q mount
In reply to Tom Caldwell, Sep 6, 2012

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Thanks for your comments, I found them interesting, and more than likely you are right. The Q will probably remain just the Q as it is designed to be. A camera-design statement by Pentax that it can be just as quirky as Ricoh.

Tom,

I think Ricoh cameras are unique but quirky ? I don't think so. If you call them quirky it just makes them sound a like a shallow attempt at producing something designed to be wilfully weird for the sake of it – in order to capture a market sector. I think Ricoh's are designed to be functional first and foremost. If they happen to be feel a little unconventional then that is only a by-product of a rigorous design approach. I certainly hope they never do 'quirky' as a design sales feature.

The Pentax Q, on the other-hand definitely has some design quirks in it's styling that are seemingly aimed at producing a cute and desirable thing. imo, it just about failed on that count even though I kind of liked its overall idea as a camera.

iaredatsun's gear list:iaredatsun's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GR Digital +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GRD5New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow