Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jane S
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
need help with cloud ftp and file browser / good reader app
Sep 6, 2012

I have my new cloud ftp, ipad3 and formatted portable hard drive.

I downloaded photos to the iPad. I charged up the cloud ftp and connected via the iPad to the cloud ftp. Did not have to use a password. I then connected the newly formatted (for a MAC) portable hard drive to the ftp. I got safari to recognize that empty seagate hard drive by typing in the address provided in the instructions.

This is where I seem to be stuck. I can view my photos in the file browser or good reader app, but can't seem to figure out how to move them from the ipad to the hard drive for "back up," via those apps. My goal was to view photos on the ipad (store some as well) and then have the hard drive as extra back-up.

Is one or the other easier to use? Am I missing something rather simple...for a simple minded?

Can this cloud ftp device access the internet just like my wifi at home or anywhere else? Your own connection so to speak? I tried to access (only on the cloud ftp wifi) google, preview, you-tube or my email and kept getting error messages.

Also, I fully charged the battery the night before and never turned it on again, until I got home to play with it. I found that I had to recharge the baby, as it kept going "blank" on me. I would think the 5 hour charge would apply to full usage and not sleeping in.

Thanks for any help, direction you can provide.

Jane

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow