D800 Tethering in Lightroom v4

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,814Gear list
Like?
There is cheaper alternatives ... Re: Serious Tethering Gear List
In reply to Hawaii-geek, Sep 6, 2012

Because I do own these items , should mention that there is Cheaper alternatives to the Tether Tools (duh)

On Amazon there is a USB3 MicroB to USB3 12 foot a LOT cheaper but blue.

but, note that there has been some comments that it did not perform at USB3 speed.

have not tested the Tether Tools one yet , Don't know how ... and though I love when others test things , in general I am not a tester, IF I can "feel" the differance that is when it matters ... what I eventually might test is the differance between what I have USB3 and my old USB2 Active Extention.

And the Large Bag is great with the "Window" , BUT, cheaply made for a $26.95 bag. Kinda wimpy if you ask me.

No Zip pocket for Accessories, No double handle, No small loop to put a clip (so, you can hang on a stand or something ... maybe double as a extra weight bag)

The bag is light weight nylon that I probably would not put really heavy stuff in it, to make it a weight bag. and the only one handle does not help it make it heavy duty.

I do get it , that USB3 and these ACC clips are low volume right now. No (or few) alternatives.
Translation: It's a little high on the price.

HG

Hawaii-geek wrote:

Serious Tethering Gear List
Maybe not the cheapest, but the best (quality) I could find.

Do NOT underestimate the value of having Bright High Visability Orange cables when you have them accross the floor.

This is where black is not a good thing. (same on the interior lining of a camera/gear bag. I love the Kata Yellow.

Item # Description Price

1JS020 JerkStopper Camera Support $16.95

1CU5454-ORG TetherPro USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Micro-B Cable

• TetherPro Cable Color:High-Visibility Orange $48.95

1JS005 JerkStopper Computer Support $7.95

1TTPCC10 Tether Tools Organization Case (Large) $26.95

Hope this helps someone,
HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow