Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alpha67
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Wide angle suggestion?
Sep 6, 2012

Hey everyone, I just got back from a vacation in one of the most scenic parts of my provence. I used my Minolta 28-135 almost exclusively for landscapes because my next best alternative was the 18-55 kit lens that came with my @330. I wish I had now because I didnt capture the scale I wanted.

I'm planning a trip back next year and want to be better prepared with a wide(er) lens that has great colours and sharpness. Zeiss prices are out of the equation, so I'm looking for best suggestions on affordable new or commonly available used lenses. I'm considering selling my 28-135 as I find it to be very heavy on my neck or backpack and dont like the 5' minimum focus distance. Aside from that, I adore its colours but will let it go or use it to help finance a better, well rounded replacement.

Here's whats currently in my kit if it matters for pairing;
Sony 18-55 kit lens
Sony 50mm 1.8
Sony 100mm 2.8 macro
Minolta 28-135
Sony 75-300

So, I'm debating with the thought of keeping the Minolta and picking up the Sony 20 2.8 or maybe better yet, the 16-50 2.8 lens to replace both my kit lens and the Minolta...or am I daft?

I dont much like the writeup on the vario-sonnar 16-80 and prefer a wider aperture if possible for low light shots

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow