D300S vs Nikon

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marvin Clapp
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Re: D300S vs Nikon
In reply to howellls, Sep 5, 2012

In 1964 I bought a 4" X 5" commercial view camera with a "kit" quality lens. A short time later I purchased a high quality Goertx Gold Dot Dagor lens for it. I stuck pretty much exclusively to Plus-X film and D-76 developer. I did everything that I could to stretch that combination to the "edge." I wanted to learn to be really proficient with that combination which I had determined were the best combination that I could afford at the time of my initial purchases.

I can't say that I didn't try other cameras over the years, but none of them held my attention for more than a year or two. I sold my 4" X 5" camera in 2004 after 40 years.

In 2008 after playing with a number of point-and-shoot cameras, I bought my D300 (not D300S) with the Nikon 16-85 mm normal lens Over the next two years I purchased the Nikon 70-300 mm telephoto lens, and a Sigma 70 mm f 2.8 macro lens.

Here it is 2012. My camera is 4 years old. Obviously I've got 36 years to go before I think about changing cameras!
--
M. Clapp

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OkeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow