nx200 worth 2.5x the nx100?

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
dlacoutu
Contributing MemberPosts: 806Gear list
Like?
Re: nx200 worth 2.5x the nx100?
In reply to ohcello, Sep 5, 2012

I have both (well, I actually have 2 NX100!), and I start to seriously regret having bought the NX200...

While it's a good camera to handle (controls are good, size and weight are incredible, etc), it has two serious flaws:

• RAW write time: if you're a big fan of RAW, the NX200 can be frustrating, as it will lock for a good 2-3s while writing the RAW file. You can still take another pic, but you cannot change settings or review the shot.

• strange shadows behavior: seems like Samsung implemented a vignetting correction right into the RAW handling stage, but really botched the thing. As a result, it will utterly destroy shadows, and any attempts to boost shadows even at base iso will result in a really bad banding! And that's in RAW!

The NX1000 and NX20 do not seem to suffer from the same embedded "correction", so maybe they're worth a try...

Myself, I'm considering selling the thing and buying a good old Sigma 85/1.4 for my K5 instead...

dlacoutu's gear list:dlacoutu's gear list
Samsung NX100 Pentax K-5 Samsung NX200 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow