Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
farrukh
Senior MemberPosts: 2,720
Like?
MFT problems at Paralympics: personal rant
Sep 5, 2012

Earlier today one of the session photo managers hesitated giving me a pass saying that access is only granted for those with "professional cameras." My EP3/45mm weren't at first good enough, eventually he ceded.

Later a photographer huffed and puffed as I sat down alongside him with my EP3 and 45mm to his canon + telephoto. He looked frustrated. It got worse when I pulled out my phone to take a photo for a quick update for social media (we were running a live event blog/stream). In fact, he became so angry he called over an official and complained to him. The official simply asked me not to get my phone in the way of his lens to which I replied, unlikely given how small it is. He walked away then walked back informing the complainer that there was nothing he could do. Afterwards the official apologised for the photographers attitude.

Two thoughts:

1. What I shoot with shouldn't be anyone else's business, especially when I'm with the rules

2. Some it seems have size-ego issues

Rant over

Olympus PEN E-P3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow