Petition: Please add gear to your macro shots :)

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
kajat
Regular MemberPosts: 484Gear list
Like?
Re: Petition: Please add gear to your macro shots :)
In reply to Yezariael, Sep 5, 2012

Yezariael wrote:

... so I (and every other beginner) can see what hardware is 'needed' to get shots like these -

Alexander, please don't make the mistake of trying to replicate the gear list of others. The only lesson you will learn will be an expensive one.

... or if it can be possible for me to do something similar with my actual gear...

Why don't you tell us what gear you have to work with, and then maybe you can also get some further advice?

I'm only just getting going myself, but if it helps any and if you care to look at my small macro set on Flickr (see my signature below) the macro shots you see are all taken with Nikon D300 and either a 28mm or 50mm lens mounted on a mix of kenko and nikon extension tubes. Mostly lit with a single SB600 + home made diffuser.

Regards

Ken

kajat's gear list:kajat's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow