Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thechoson
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
XSi to 60D Upgrade... very specific questions/ issues
Sep 5, 2012

I have decided that if I upgrade now from my XSi, it will be the 60D. All other cameras have been eliminated. It's either the 60D or keep using my XSi and maybe save for a full frame or whatever else comes down the line.

Having read through some of the threads here, I subscribe to the advice that I should NOT upgrade unless I can actually identify a limitation on my current body that can be remedied by upgrading. So I'd like some advice on this issue.

Obviously I'd get video ability, but while that would be nice, I think ultimately it's not a must-have for me, as I do have a camcorder.

The three biggest issues for me are:

(1) Low Light capability: I am ok with my XSi up to ISO 800, not too pleased with 1600, and obviously no ability to go higher.

(2) AF : AF seems a bit slow, esp tracking moving objects.

(3) IQ: I'd like a noticeable (even if small) improvement in overall IQ when comparing with identical lenses.

I know there are tons of other "considerations" such as handling/ build quality/ size, but I don't care much about this right now, as I find my XSi adequate in those areas. The above 3 are my primary and probably only considerations in upgrading.

So my question would be: Would a 60D address and improve upon these issues (thus making it a legit upgrade), or are these things that can and should be remedied through better photographic technique and practice (thus something my XSi can handle)?

Thanks!

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow