Why one can take a lesson from BOSE.

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jacques_t
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Re: Why one can take a lesson from BOSE.
In reply to Biggs23, Sep 5, 2012

Biggs23 wrote:

Jacques_t wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

Jacques_t wrote:

If you can sell beauty, happiness, pleasure, creativity etc. through your photos then you have it. That's why I think it's so important to maintain true to your creative vision and stick with your style. People don't want to buy a photo, they want to buy happiness, admiration, style etc. If you can sell and market that then you have it!

Exactly! So the question is simple: how do you do that?

No idea...But I'm hoping for some answers...

Well I think a big part of it is selling it all the time. That means that you're selling that 'story' when you're shooting, when you're corresponding with clients, when you're designing your marketing, and even when you're editing. It means total dedication to the message so that it comes through in everything you do. Every time a client or potential client sees your work or materials it should at least attempt to connect back to the original message.

For example, I know of a very successful senior portrait photographer who tries to sell the story of happy and upbeat. It's his intentional and overriding message. As such he refuses to deliver a photo where the client isn't smiling and he intentionally edits in a way that avoids too many dark tones or muted colors. His images are described by many clients as 'happy' and it's evident that he's selling his message, his brand, at every part of the experience. Can you imagine telling clients you absolutely won't take a photo of them not smiling even if it means that they walk out the door because of that? It seems extreme but it's a part of selling the story above and before the actual product.

Agree 100%!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow