Saker Falcon (for a competition)

Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
The_cheshirecat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,169Gear list
Like?
Late to the party but…
In reply to BorisGil, Sep 5, 2012

If this were a model, I would say very nice, go with it. But being an animal, especially a bird, I take a very different perspective.

I prefer the composition of first portrait. The one with the feet gains you little worth, if any, and it looks like you “just missed” getting the entire bird because the tail is missing, not just at the bottom but at the back as well.

I agree another you are missing detail which IMO should be presented in the lighter, and even in the darker areas. This gives me the impression of a soft portrait look, even though some of the detail is sharp (if you look for it), The eye seem void of expression, even with the highlight. In bird photography this is usually considered a very important component – sharp, and providing some ocular detail (did I explain that correctly?).

What ever you decide, good luck!
--

I started in the 50's - my first picture was taken with a Leica and hooked me for life. I no longer use my Leicas, but I am still taking pictures. Some things never change.

The_cheshirecat's gear list:The_cheshirecat's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 600mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow