Help. Thinking of the Sony RX100 to replace Canon G10.

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,345Gear list
Like?
Help. Thinking of the Sony RX100 to replace Canon G10.
Sep 5, 2012

Hello,

I'm looking at the Sony RX100 as a replacement for my older Canon G10.

Primarily as a smaller, lighter, shirt pocket sized sized cam with better IQ than the Canon G10. The G10 is a bit too large and the IQ beyond 400 is too noisy for me .

I'm not a pro, just a family, and vacation snapper. So small and light is good for my back and shoulders. Leave the DSLRs at home unless travel is by car.

Just a few questions:

Can you set the RX100 for high ISO limit?

What do you consider the highest ISO limit you can get fairly clean images? Say for printing up to 11"x14"?

Does the RX100 have some kind of Intelligent Auto or Intelligent ISO mode like my MFT Panasonic GX1?

Does the RX100 have Auto Exposure Lock, so I can meter, focus, recompose and shoot?

The 10 fps is that at ful 20 mpx. resolution?

Is there a grid overlay for the screen ie. rule of thirds compositions?

How good is the sweep panorama? Is it seamless in blending exposures, and is it auto stitching?

Is HDR easy to set up and use with a self-timer or cable release?

Any issues with charging the battery using the USB cable> camera set up?

Realistically, how many shots from a fully charged battery? I usually have 3 batteries per camera that I bring on a trip.

Where can I find the Sony RX100 instruction manual online. Link?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the simple questions about the RX100. I am very impressed with what I've read and the images from it.

Regards.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow