message to new dissatisfied A57 users.. Id keep at it.

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cmantx
Senior MemberPosts: 1,241Gear list
Like?
message to new dissatisfied A57 users.. Id keep at it.
Sep 5, 2012

I was having issues with ISO.I was shooting RAW and was getting more noise than with my well used A500. I just started over by doing a reset of the camera and shooting JPEG. I'm getting much better results now. I will ease into RAW shootiing again when I learn the camera better. Heres a sample after I did the reset. It is shot using the Tamron 70-200 and is a really heavy crop. IMHO it showed me the camera is very capable.

My previous PP workflow was using the Sony PMB/Image Data convertor to TIFF than finish off in PSP X2. The new Sony software that I needed to process the A57 RAW files removed somehow my PMB and kind of threw my Workflow off. Going to just Jpeg for now has simplified the new camera learning process. I hope relating my experience is somehow helpfull.

cmantx's gear list:cmantx's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A57 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
Leica X2 Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow