Nikon 24mm f/1.4G vs. Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 vs. Nikon 16-35mm f/4G

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kyle Pozan
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss 21mm distortion example
In reply to em_dee_aitch, Sep 5, 2012

em_dee_aitch wrote:

Just a quick example of how, um, "unique" the Zeiss 21mm distortion is and how easy it is to use the one-click profile correction in current version of ACR (Lightroom or Photoshop). Top frame is original, and bottom frame is the one-click Adobe lens profile correction. Sorry for using such a casually composed shot; it was something I just stopped literally for one second to grab while hurrying through the U Warsaw campus. I just like those old acrylic panel buildings from the 60s! They are a dying breed. This one was, I'm guessing, Soviet built. The building I was working in was totally new and much nicer.

-- hide signature --

David Hill
http://www.sanfranciscoweddingphotographer.com
San Francisco & San Jose, CA | Austin, TX
Wedding Photographer and Apparent Gearhead

Boy, that's some ugly distortion! After reading your post above, I can't help but think about the fact that every street and architecture photo would need to be corrected, which leads to a degradation in sharpness and image quality.

Kyle Pozan's gear list:Kyle Pozan's gear list
Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow