**Weekly Wildlife Thread September 2nd, 2012**

Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
HenryL64
Contributing MemberPosts: 521Gear list
Like?
A few images from the local gardens
In reply to tylerken, Sep 5, 2012

Here's a few images from the local botanical gardens, taken with a 5D Mk III, 70-200 2.8 IS II + 2x converter. Normally I'd have a longer lens and also be using a 7D for these shots. I was just testing out some new gear and seeing how well this combo might work. Other than not having the reach I'm used to, I'm pleased with how things came out.

This osprey stood as a sentinel outside the gates

Something spooked this GBH and set it off heading in to my side of the lake. Not that a heron is particularly difficult to follow, but the cam tracked & focused better than I had expected for a "portrait & landscape" cam.

I really wish I had more reach here...found a nest in this dead tree and walked by during feeding time. I could hear the chicks screaming for dinner from the trail where I was standing.

On my way out of the garden, I noticed this guy hiding out in a small stand of trees

Finally, this image was taken on Labor Day at the state park. The bird was injured several weeks ago when a storm blew it into a window near the oceanfront. He was treated and recovered well, this was taken moments before his return to the wild.

Thanks for looking!
--
Regards,

Henry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow