Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrew Hodgkinson
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Brighton Pride with a DP2m
Sep 5, 2012

A very small selection from the weekend. ISO 200 skin tone issues were common due to poor light, but with lots of processing I got all sorts of great images I didn't expect. The DP2m is reminding me more of my DP2s now that I'm getting used to it, including the "shots that shouldn't work are amazing, and shots that should've been easy are spoiled" routine

Full sizes are available for all images - note that these are the from-Aperture final copies, which may include rotation and/or cropping. Raw files available on request.

If I had two items at the top of my SPP wishlist right now it would be: Sort out the skin banding/transition problems, since allegedly Raw Developer doesn't show them (but doesn't work with DP2m images on my machine so I can't test it); correct for incident ray green vignette effects, which ruined a few highly fill-light pushed sky shots of sunset clouds.

Since banding can be hidden with normal noise reduction adequately and my replacement DP2m doesn't seem to have such a big problem with it, a banding-specific reduction mode is actually in number 3 spot for me following the weekend's experience with the camera.

Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow