Wildlife pics with E620 (or similar) and flash??

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ric S
Regular MemberPosts: 159
Like?
Re: Wildlife pics with E620 (or similar) and flash??
In reply to kittykat23uk, Sep 5, 2012

Hi Jo,

I have been to Marojejy Park ( http://eric.sibert.fr/article154.html ) few years ago. I was using an E-510 with double kit. Moisture was an issue in that it deposited on the front glass of my lenses, not talking on the fact that you will be afraid of changing lens in such environment. I didn't had an external flash at that time but I used the in-body one. So, yes flash is useful. Now I have an E-620 with a Metz 58 AF-1. I also used it for "wild life" with flash fixed on the body. The AF-assist light is helpful. I didn't used the remote control for wild life. In such a case, you loose the AF-assist and you need an assistant to handle the flash (and you can expect much more natural pictures). Usually, the "wild life" is not very far, only few meters, otherwise you will not be able to focus in the dark. So, you may not need a very powerful (and heavy) flash. FL-36(R) may be enough (if it features AF-assist light).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow