Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
bananahead
Regular MemberPosts: 281
Like?
Re: Win7 to Win 8
In reply to migibson99, Sep 5, 2012

migibson99 wrote:

bananahead wrote:

If you read my post slowly you will see that I suggested waiting for new hardware and not just the OS. Windows 8 may not be a great choice for existing hardware but I think it will be great on the new hybrid devices.

The speed at which I read your post is irrelevant. When it comes to computers, the hardware is directly tied to the OS. Unless MS does something that it has never done before, after W8 is released, all new PCs will ship with W8 not W7. You won't have the option to pick and choose which OS you want installed, other than which version of W8. For that reason, it may not be a good idea to wait until W8 is released if you are in the market now for a new laptop or PC. Easier/cheaper/safer to buy now and upgrade to W8, then to wait and downgrade to W7. This is especially true given the questionable reviews of W8.

Still missing the point. Windows 8 is not only an upgrade from Windows 7. It also allows for innovation in hardware. See what Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Toshiba and Sony are already showing.

I do like the implication that all devices currently in the shops will magically upgrade overnight though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow